At the end of this course, delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
• The procedures to be followed in the event of fire;
• How to call the fire service and liaise on site;
• Identify which elements need to exist for fire to occur;
• The three basic principles of fire extinction;
• Identify the different classes of fire;
• Basic fire prevention;
• Personal protection;
• The need for fire safety and how to implement measures to protect yourselves, colleagues and clients;
• Use of correct fire equipment;
Introduction to Fire safety
• The fire triangle
• Heat transfer
• Common sources of fire
• Fire extinguishers (option to include practical extinguisher discharges)
• Fire Exits, Emergency Exit Routes, Signs
• Emergency Lighting & Fire Alarms
• Evacuation procedures
This theoretical course (with an optional practical session) is designed for personnel who require “initial” and/or “refresher” training in the dangers of Fire in the workplace.
Wherever possible practical fire extinguisher demonstrations will be carried out outside following a suitable risk assessment therefore delegates are advised to bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance valid for 3 years.
Training undertaken at client specific locations nationwide
To book this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 680497
This course is currently available to be delivered as a dedicated in-house course for your organisation. Please contact us to find out about options for face-to-face and/or 'Virtual Classroom' delivery.