This course is intended to give an overview of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations; and to raise the awareness of the hazards and risks associated with the safe handling/use of hazardous substances and the need to control their exposure. Delegates will have an understanding of:
• Relevant legislation and risk assessments
• Control measures including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Emergency procedures
• Requirements of COSHH Regulations
• Forms of Chemical Agents
• Forms of Biological Agents
• Classification of Hazardous Substances and their associated health risks
• Risk and Safety Phrases
- European Union requirement
- United Nations Globally Harmonized System requirements
• Routes of Entry into the body
• Health Surveillance
• Emergency Procedures
The course is perfect for anyone who’s work activity brings them into contact with hazardous substances. ie those who regularly use, transport, handle or are exposed to the effect of hazardous substances.
No pre-course preparation required
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance valid for 3 years.
Training undertaken at client specific locations nationwide
To book your CoSHH Awareness course please contact us on:
Tel 01642 680497 or email email@example.com
This course is currently available to be delivered as a dedicated in-house course for your organisation. Please contact us to find out about options for face-to-face and/or 'Virtual Classroom' delivery.